Monday, December 17, 2007

A Graphical Uplift...

Well I'm back in my GFX mood. I've been really creative this weekend actually. I don't just mean Photoshop, either. Also in stuff like forge in Halo 3 I've really let my creative juices flow. I made a new map using Foundry as a canvas. I call it Labyrinth Gates. A quick rundown of it's details is that I incorporated man cannons and alot of box crates. So if you don't know what foundry looks like, it's shape is essentially a big "U" with 2 bases. What I did was I extended the dividing wall and then cut that in half nd connected the two halves with bridges. In the center of the bridge is a Fuel rod cannon, because I don't feel it's used enough in the game and I think it's a pretty cool weapon. Now you may ask "Well Blood, how does one get onto the said bridges?" Well simple, that's where the man cannons come in. Now as for the rest of the map it's symmetrical but at the same time, not. See I made maze like ares on either side on the wall but the mazes aren't the same shapes. I'd say this map is perfect for any game type, especially Infection. There are two snipers and two shotties on the map. Some weapons are even hidden. I also made some shield doors and of course the very random soccer ball. Why the soccer ball? Really I just don't know why but I think it makes it look nicer. This map is of course available on my Halo 3 fileshare so go check it out and maybe even my other two maps, "Bloodgrounds" and "Hunting Grounds" also are two game types. The first is Lazy Snipers, the credit for the name goes to Torin. It takes the idea of Shotty Snipers and replaces the shotties with Spartan Lasers and then 300% speed and 50% gravity. Then there's ShSnTerritories, this is territories with shotty snipers weapon sets. Then I have a video on there which changes whenever I happen to find something particularly interesting. Currently it's on the map Rat's Nest during a Team Slayer match. I was in a battle with this one guy when I threw a plasma grenade just as a warthog drove past and the grenade somehow stayed in mid-air for a second then launched itself onto the gunner's ankle. It looked really cool too. Anyway that's all I got for now. See you people later.
----------------
Now playing: Killswitch Engage - Holy Diver
via FoxyTunes

No comments: